Pages

I walk on a road lush with dreams,
a road of forgotten and veiled dreams,
sometimes slowly, sometimes gaily,
sometimes lost, sometimes profound,
I walk a road of unknown mysteries,
fervently finding my way through the endless path.....

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

2-line stories


The greatest way to create an impact is through writing. A pen is mightier than a sword is an age old dictum and its so very true. 

Words can bring it a lot of change. Although, all forms of writing are equally impactful when written that way but I feel that stories have a special power to connect and resonate with the readers. 

Maybe its the characters they identify with or its closeness to reality, a well written story definitely leaves a lasting impact on our memory. However, writing stories is quite a task. Creating a sensible and tight plot then sketching out characters who are interesting and unforgettable. Next relating them to your story and finding a perfect balance. 
The twists and turns. Right timings to insert them. 
Crispy dialogues. Power Packed narration and finally an impeccable ending. 
Getting together all of them is extremely difficult and a single mistake can prove suicidal for the entire story. 

I have never been good when it comes to writing stories. Whenever I tried my hand at it, I either stopped midway or the story always turned out to be a tragic one. 
Perhaps, I read too many thrillers and tragedies. Uh! 

So to keep things easier I simply write "2 line stories". With the belief that a single line is sufficient to turn the plot upside down, I and many others pen these stories in 2 lines. 

Presenting you Eight 2-line stories that I wrote. 

I am not that good. Just tried to keep all elements intact. Lets see of I manage to create some impact. Hope you like them. 

1) There was complete darkness all around. I felt alone and afraid. 

Suddenly he kissed me. My heart a-glowed with light again. 

2) Tears rushed like there was no tomorrow as she stared the laptop screen.Something had died within her. 

That something was hopelessness. She had finally cleared her medical exams. 

3) Her delivery was due tomorrow. Today her husband expired in a car accident. Her smile was filled with hope. 

Tomorrow her baby shall see the light of the day, irrespective of its gender.

4) she leaned on the pole. Holding it tighter, turning and twisting over it. 

She had failed to grab a seat. Ladies compartment in the metro train was quite crowded today.

5) The silence of nights, reminds me of promises

We made. You brokeI shattered.

6)I had lost myself completely in the depth of YOUR kohl

When the redness of HER juicy lips recovered me! - story of a playboy;)

7) For some night brings sleep. For others peace. For me it brought a desire. 

A desire to kill, myself. 

8) I sat in anticipation. Nervous but hopeful. Today was finally my day. Finally he came

and bought me for 500 bucks. I was the new, chotu





This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment