PCOS, known as Polycystic ovarian syndrome has become an extremely common problem occurring in today's women and also one of the commonest causes of infertility.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome results due to imbalance in two major female hormones namely Oestrogen and progesterone, leading to the formation of multiple pearl-like cysts in a female ovary.
PCOS is marked by a decrease in female sex hormones, this condition may cause women to develop certain male characteristics, such as:
1. excess hair on the face, chest, stomach, thumbs, or toes
2. decrease in breast size
3. deeper voice
4. thin hair
Other symptoms include:
2. weight gain
3. pelvic pain
4. anxiety or depression
6. Cardiac troubles
According to the U.S department of health and human services, between 1 in 10 and 1 in 20 women of childbearing age suffers from PCOS. The condition currently affects up to 5 million women in the United States alone.
The cause of PCOD is unknown. But it is linked to genetic causes. Also, overproduction of androgen is linked to PCOD. Androgen is predominantly a male hormone and present in negligible amounts in female. However, when it is over produced in some women, it can lead to PCOD.
While there exists no particular treatment for the cure of PCOS in the modern medicine except the use of OCP's to regularise menstrual cycles and treating sign and symptoms superficially. Homeopathy offers a cure.
Homeopathy has proved effective in the treatment of PCOS and has not only helped in reducing the size of cyst in the ovary but also complete relief from associated symptoms like acne breakouts, infertility, weight gain, facial hair growth etc.
This is because Homeopathy focuses on treating and curing the root cause of the problem. The Homeopathic philosophy of disease is not based on the external causes of diseases. Homeopathy believes that the human body has been perfectly enabled by nature to keep itself disease free. It is only when the immunity or its own internal vitality is deranged that the body becomes incapable of keeping itself disease free. Therefore Homeopathy tries to restore the balance of that vitality. Once the vitality regains its original balance, it is able to nurse itself back to health without any external aid.
Again, I am mentioning some of the popularly used homeopathic medicines to treat PCOS,the choice of remedy is solely based on the person's individual characteristics.
So, it is best to consult a homeopathic physician near you rather than being your own doctor.
For more details you can contact me on my E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some medicines proved efficacious in treating PCOS are:
1. Sepia- one of the best medicine for treatment of PCOS. usually given in cases where there is scanty or late menses. Also good in treating infertility associated with PCOS.
2. Pulsatilla- Another great women's remedy. Irregularity of menses since puberty, acne and anxiety. However, symptoms totality should match with the patient totality.
3. Thuja - Thuja has supreme power to dissolve abnormal growths and tumours anywhere in the body and therefore works great in the treatment of PCOS.
4. Natrum Mur- This is a remedy made from common salt and is great where PCOS is associated with retarded menses. It is also beneficial in treatment on acne, depression provided symptom totality matches with the patient totality.
5. Apis Mel- It is specially indicated in case of right sided ovarian cysts. Other symptoms are menstrual irregularities, burning and stinging sensation anywhere. Patient cannot tolerate heat in addition to other mental symptoms.
There are many other medicines which act beneficially in the treatment of PCOS like Lachesis, Calcarea Carb, Silicea, Sulphur etc.
This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.